Have you finished your Christmas shopping yet? If you haven’t, just remember there’s only 7 shopping days left! Eeek! I got a good chunk of it done yesterday, but still have a few to check off. If you read my previous post, you’ll know that this year I tried to buy most of the gifts either locally, through Etsy or by making DIY Gifts.
One thing I realized by doing this, is I’ve avoided the craziness in the malls. That alone makes it worth it, because I never shop early enough to avoid it. I ended up going to a cookware store on the weekend, not thinking how crazy it could be as I wasn’t shopping for anything Christmas related – oh my word! It was a mad house! Hmmm…..wonder where the term “mad house” comes from? Houses can’t be mad. Is it a bunch of mad people in a house? Anyhoo, I walked in, saw a line up of at least 40 people, turned around and walked out. I don’t need anything that badly!
Luckily, the only gifts I have left to do are a couple of last minute DIY gifts, so I won’t have to enter the madness again. So, if you need any last minute DIY gift ideas, here are 12 of them!
1. Terrarium Kit by Wit & Whistle
2. Infused Vodka by Emily at My Baking Addiction
3. DIY Instacards from Say Yes To Hoboken
4. Dog (or Cat!) Bowls from the gals at A Beautiful Mess
5. Homemade Roasted Garlic Oil from How Sweet It Is
6. Sharpie Coffee Mugs from A Bubbly Life
7. Hot Chocolate & Baileys from 3 City Girls NYC
8. Two-Hour Cowl by Lauren Dahl at Kollabora
9. Tile Coasters from The Cottage Mama
10. DIY Gift Card Snow Globe from The Creative Mama
11. Handmade Monogrammed Bracelet from Born In Eighty Two
12. DIY Eye Chart Tutorial from Design Dining & Diapers